So I have been determined lately to make a GREAT muffin that is healthy. So every week practically I have omitted one ingredient and replaced it with another, this week I replaced the flour with whole wheat pastry flour. I thought they were going to be dry but the banana and the applesauce I used in place of the butter really helped them out. Here is a recipe I created if you are interested, after omitting the milk. Thanks Chelle CHELLE'S NANA-BERRY MUFFINS
- 2 cups all- purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries (trader joe's has a great frozen maine)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Grease standard muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl stir together dry ingredients.
- In another bowl whisk together banana, melted butter, and eggs.
- Mix together just until blended. Stir in frozen blueberries and fold in carefully.
- Spoon batter into muffin pans filling each cup full, this makes a nice big muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans for 4 minutes and remove.