3.29.2008

Will Paint For Food....

My wonderful husband is an artist by profession not by hobby. No "starving" artists live here. That is our business and I would love nothing more than for him to be able to support us and our future family by doing something that he loves dearly. He gets so much enjoyment out of it. By observing the male sex and understanding just a pinch of how God made them I can see that a man feels most respected, accomplished and has more "self"-worth when he is providing for his family by doing something he truly cares about. I can't imagine sending my husband off to work each day to sit at a desk in front of a computer all alone tucked in a cubicle. He would not thrive. However, I know if he needed to he would do a job he hates in order for us to live "well," I think that is one of the reasons why I have no reservations about supporting him in his endeavor. Some months are tight, some are even tighter, but the Lord provides and shows us continually he is in control and we do not need to fear. Please pray for us, please pray that my husband can continue to paint and sell his work. Pray that I would be able to respect, trust and submit to his financial and business decisions. Praise God for the blessing of the gifts and talents he bestows upon us.

3 comments:

Bre - said...

What a sweet, unassuming, sincere post, Michelle! I will be praying for you guys ... we know all about the kind of "faith" what you described requires. As long as you keep praying for your husband/family and submitting to his authority (even when it's a bit uncomfortable), I truly believe that God will provide ;-) I love you.

Rachel said...

I think i might want him to paint me something! I am needing art for my new family room/kitchen! I find it interesting that we are both married to artists...although mine took that job at a computer!

Mommy's Turn said...

I just looked at your hubby's blog page. WOW! I had no idea he was such a talented artist. His work is incredible. God has given him a gift and He will honor your desire to trust, respect, and believe in your husband.

Followers