9.01.2008

Jam, a strict budget, and bread baking

Well, it has been a while since I posted. Today I am enjoying a much needed day off from the credit union but have my work at home. I have severely neglected doing the laundry and because of how much I am doing today I have decided to discipline myself to a laundry schedule. Mondays-Towels, Tuesdays-Sheets, Wednesdays and Thursdays-our clothes. You may wonder and may not care that I am posting this, but I am making it public so that I can be accountable. Some things that are happening 'round these here parts....

  • I am making jam. I have already made strawberry-fig and white peach. This evening I will make plum.
  • We have revised our budget. The food budget has been cut, as well as eating out. So I am up for a challenge, I am in the process of finding delicious recipes that will stretch dollars. I am open to suggestions. As far as eating out, I have a beautiful picnic basket that we will have to start using and eat out that way. As far as budgeting goes we have also canceled some services that we have enjoyed in hopes again to save money. Don't feel sorry for me please, this doesn't mean that we are depriving ourselves, we are going to find other ways to keep ourselves occupied. We have discovered that the library has movies for $.50, so we will get one a week and enjoy movie night. We also are going to start reading some of our favorite books to one another, learn spanish, etc....
  • Since bread is $3+ a loaf I have decided that I am going to try baking bread. It seems like it should be rather easy and who doesn't love the smell of fresh baked bread :)
  • I received my annual review at the credit union this past week and rated better than I thought with a raise. YAHOO!
  • Paul is joining the "painting a day" group on ebay (it's not really a group, but many artists do this). He will post one painting a day, 5 days a week. The size will generally be 6x8 unframed and the bidding starts at about $100. Check out:
That is about it....

1 comments:

Rachel said...

OH! we all need this now don't we? Very proud of you Michelle! I have some good recipes if you would like them..I can e-mail you them. DO you use a bread maker...I have a bread recipe for CHallah that is Jim's fave bread EVER! cheap too!

Followers