6.12.2009

Christmas will be here before we know it....

I know that it has been a very long while since I entered my very own blog. You would think that it is because I am very important and have so many things to do. Well, I am busy but I am on this computer way too much to not update all of you on the Ryker household. Let me start by saying that I CANNOT believe that it is june 12th already, can you? What happened to february, march, april, and may. I remember January going by but where did the last 4 months go? I will not bore you with detail by detail but here's a few...

  • paul has an art show today. My husband has been feverishly working and has produced some beautiful work. He leaves july 13th for 3 weeks to go on an art show "road trip." I don't know what I am going to do without my man for that long.
  • I have a thriving flower garden. Roses, lavender, hydrangea to name a few. I planted my first vegetable garden this spring and have too much squash for us to eat. But I love squash, so we are not at a loss. The tomatoes are doing well, despite Paul reminding me each day to check for horn worms and each day I say, "eeeeewwwww!" I have one carrot that is growing, yes, I said one! Only one seed took. So when that carrot is ready I am going to enjoy it! I planted green onions and they have taken off. I have found with discipline, I am enjoying gardening. Through my garden, my Lord displays my relationship with Him and His relationship with me. I am so fragile like my beautiful plants.
  • Our bathroom is SO close to completion. We are using it now. The only thing that needs to be done now, is some moulding. YIPPEEE! I can't believe how long it took, but it was worth it. Now that the bathroom is complete we are going to rent out our front bedroom. Jesus bring us the right person, I am so hesitate to do this but know that this is best!
  • I of course am still working at the credit union. I am working hard for another promotion. They have me training so that when a position becomes available I will be ready.
  • I have some catering opportunities this summer. Two wedding receptions, yikes! It is going to be fun and we are in need of the extra income but I am still nervous.
What else??? I don't want to bore you all! I will post more later....gotta go help the hubby sell some art!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Hooray!!! Fianlly a post from you!!! I was beginning to think Martha Stewart had kidnapped you and was holding you hostage, for baking tastier cookies than hers. Good luck with the art show. Love Ashley

Bre said...

Yay!!! I can't tell you how happy I am to read all of this :-) Now, I want to see pictures (then I can truly be happy!)... pictures of the bathroom, pictures of your flower garden, etc.

I am so excited to hear that you are going to be catering some events (some BIG ones, too, from the sound of things). Good for you MO-Shell ;-)

I love you SO much, and miss you more than you could possibly know.

Your Bestie

P.S. That Art Prize thing in Grand Rapids is this September, and it's really supposed to be a BIG deal. Annnnnnnd, my mom said to tell you that if you and Paul decided to move out here, she would DEFINITELY hire you to work in her office ;-)

Rachel said...

OH NO! Not a flood! I am so excited for your catering opportunities! I can't wait to hear more about it!

Followers