1.09.2010

Wholesome Recipe of the Week

I LOVE making frittatas. I generally bake them in the oven so it is not completely a traditional frittata which gets started in a pan on the stove but this recipe is easy, frugal, and pretty tasty too!

Cover the bottom of a 9x13 pan in baby spinach. You can put a lot because it shrinks down. Next I sauteed two slices of bacon, then crumbled them. In the bacon grease I sauteed 1/2 a minced onion until soft. Then I sprinkled them on top of the spinach. I also generously sprinkled some whole milk feta. After that was all layered in the pan, I whisked together 12 eggs, 1/2 cup raw whole milk, then added freshly ground salt and pepper to taste. Then just pour on top( the eggs won't completely cover the spinach) and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until center is "wiggly free."

1 comments:

Debbie said...

Yum, Michelle...have to try that one!

Followers