3.29.2010

Book Review: "Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a Day"

This is my new favorite book. Well, it would be yours too if you had hot, fresh bread every day (well, almost every day...even I don't have five minutes sometimes.) So, I have been making this bread for over 2 months now and LOVE, LOVE this book. They make it look so easy and you know what, IT IS! You will love it too, I promise. Pictured at the top of this post is the french boule that I made tonight. Crusty Exterior....soft, chewy interior....mmmmm..... The book calls for unbleached all purpose flour but I wanted to use whole wheat, so I have done this batch of bread with a very small amount (3 cups) of unbleached all purpose flour, 10 cups white whole wheat flour.

1 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh, how I long for a loaf of hot, home-baked bread! Do you think even I could manage a loaf from that book? I've never baked bread before (okay, maybe that frozen dough stuff many years ago...doesn't count, though). You've inspired me to give it a try...I'll check out that book:) Have a happy Easter!

Followers